In only two more days, Agents of SHIELD will be premiering season four. The show is playing at a new time this season; Tuesdays at 10/9 Central.
** In case this isn’t obvious, the rest of this post will contain some spoilers from season three of Agents of SHIELD, particularly the finale.
Here are the things I’m looking forward to seeing in the quickly approaching season four of Agents of SHIELD.
From the season:
- Life after Lincoln. I think it will be interesting to see just how Lincoln’s death has affected each member of the team and how it affects the overall dynamic of the team. As Coulson said of Lincoln’s death, “He’s paying for all our mistakes.” How will they react to that sacrifice from a team member? How will losing another person she loves affect Daisy?
- What will become of the Inhumans? Will SHIELD try to work with them? Will we see a little more tie in from the Captain America: Civil War movie with the Sokovia Accords? Will we see Talbot trying to get Daisy, YoYo, Joey, and the other Inhumans to register? What about the Inhumans that were under Hive’s sway? With Hive gone, what happens to them?
- What is the fate of the “Primitives?” These Ugly Muffins were the result of Dr. Radcliffe’s experiments for Hive. Some SHIELD agents were turned into Primitives when Hive and the other bad guys infiltrated the SHIELD base. With Hive gone, is his sway over them gone as well? Do they have enough cognitive abilities without Hive to function? To maybe be persuaded to help SHIELD? Or will they be “taken care of?”
- Hive has been destroyed, finally. So, who or what will SHIELD’s new “big bad” be in season four?
- Ghost Rider! Agents of SHIELD’s Ghost Rider is named Robbie Reyes. Personally, I don’t know much about Ghost Rider, so I have no idea what to expect. What I do know, is that I’m excited to find out!
From the flash forward, 6 months from Lincoln and Hive’s deaths.
- Daisy has gone rogue. Coulson and the rest of SHIELD seem to basically be hunting Daisy. Why has she defected from SHIELD? Why is she hiding and running from them? She seems to be taking care of Charles’ family (the Inhuman that showed people death scenes when they touched him, from the Spacetime episode). But while she has done some good for them, we see newspapers littering Coulson’s stake out room that depicts scenes of destruction at the hands of Daisy. It seems she has taken out banks and bridges. Did she really or is the media just blaming her? If she did, did she have a good reason? Was she actually saving people or hunting bad guys? It’ll be interesting to see how Daisy’s story has been unfolding.
- When they fail to get Daisy, Coulson tells Mack to tell “the Director,” implying that Coulson is no longer the Director of SHIELD. Why not? What happened? It seems that SHIELD is once again a legitimate organization, and because of the events in The Avengers movie, Coulson is widely believed to be dead. So, they need a new Director of SHIELD. We know that the new Director will be played by Jason O’Mara. The new team dynamic will be interesting.
- Related to the previous one, Coulson is now an agent. It will be fun to see him return to that capacity.
Dr. Radcliffe’s flash forward scene.
- Dr. Radcliffe has finished up his hearings and has been all cleared.
- It seems that he has created some sort of AI and it’s name is AIDA.
- While speaking to AIDA, Dr. Radcliffe reveals that he’s been working on a new project and it’s time to unveil it. He proclaims that it’s AIDA’s birthday and we see the outline of a body. It seems that he has created a body to encapsulate his AI. Where will this story line lead? Will AIDA be helpful or will this be part of the new enemy for Fitz and the rest of SHIELD?
- While checking in with AIDA, we hear a quick mention that Fitz can’t be there because he has a surprise planned for Simmons. Is it a proposal?! Or something even more awesome?
There’s a lot to look forward to in the coming season. Luckily, the wait is almost over; only 2 more days left.